This information applies to the DHL Business Customer Shipping (Versenden API).
Login configuration for DHL Business Customer Shipping with Magento
- Log in to the DHL Business Customer Portal (Geschäftskundenportal).
- Go to "User administration".
- Create a System User in the DHL Business Customer Portal. The password for System Users will be valid longer (one year) than for Personal Users (three months).
- Enable the password validity notifications and store an email address.
- Store the System User's name and password (signature) in the Magento module configuration.
Creating a System User in the DHL Business Customer Portal
- If you encounter problems or the login does not work, check if there are additional DHL logins / sub-users.
The password will always expire after a certain time (see also this article). It is not valid forever and must be changed regularly. The validity period is limited by DHL.
Make absolutely sure to use the correct upper / lowercase for the username.
Technically, it is possible to use the standard login data to the DHL Business Customer Portal in Magento, but the password will expire much quicker. Therefore it is strongly recommended to create a separate System User instead (see above), so the password has to be renewed less often.