When creating shipping labels, this error occurs:
Street Number is a required value
Most likely the buyer's address has been entered incorrectly. The whitespace between street and house number is often missing. Because of this, the address cannot automatically be processed by DHL.
Correct the error in Magento using the "Edit" link next to the shipping address.
- In the top part of the address form, put street name and house number together in the same field.
- Further down on the same page, enter street name and house number into separate fields.
- The label can only be created if all fields are filled in correctly.
Correctly entered shipping address
This problem can occur when orders are imported into Magento from external systems (Amazon, ebay, Paypal etc.). The data is not always given in a valid format. The DHL module tries to split street name and house number automatically, but this does not work if the whitespace is missing.
It is very difficult to prevent this problem programmatically, because lots of scenarios must be considered, e.g.
- Street names containing numbers
- Street names consisting only of a number
- International addresses, sometimes in unusual formats
- Additional information, like floor and apartment number (common in Austria)
- ... and many more